We are really excited to welcome Spice Kitchen to our blog.
They have shared three recipes inspired by the spices and ingredients in our new Indian Cooking and Beer Hamper.
If you know some who loves their curry, enjoys Indian cooking and savours a delicious beer, then this is the perfect gift for them. Make sure you share all the recipes with them too.
Legendary Tandoori Chicken
An all-time Indian classic and definitely one of our family favourites: we bring to you the Legendary Tandoori Chicken!
Serves 4 as part of a feast
2 tsp Tandoori Masala blend
700g chicken thighs, skin off, bone-in (or 500g boneless)
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp salt
1⁄2 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
4 pitta breads or wraps
Crispy salad leaves
4 tbsp garlic yoghurt
1) Mix the chicken with the ginger, garlic and salt, and leave so the flavours can develop for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt with the Tandoori Masala spice blend and the lime juice.
2) After 30 minutes, add the chicken to the spiced yoghurt and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours (or longer if you can).
3) When it’s time to cook, preheat your grill to medium-high. Cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes, taking care not to burn.
4) Slice the largest piece in the middle to see if the juices run clear, otherwise grill for a couple of minutes longer.
5) Serve immediately onto warm pittas or wraps, then pile on your crispy salad leaves, zingy chutney and the garlic yoghurt.
Explore our Indian Cooking & Beer Hamper
Who loves to cook a curry in your house? Our brand new Indian Cooking & Beer Hamper is the perfect gift for their birthday, an anniversary or as a special thank you.
Inside the hamper is Spice Kitchen’s very special tin of spices to help make the recipe above or any of the others included in the specially devised recipe booklet included.
This great foodie hamper also includes both a jar of mango and chilli chutney from Tracklements and luxury Tandoor Chilli snacks from Howdah. Plus, there are three delicious beers, from Freedom Brewery, to enjoy whilst creating a buffet of delicious Indian food.