We are delighted to welcome Celia Brooks to our blog, once again, to share her a delicious recipe, ideal for veganuary.
This easy-to-prepare hot dip is perfect as a starter or as a highlight of a main course, to be shared with loved ones on a grey January day.
Let's make this month a little brighter with something new and delicious to eat.
Over to Celia to tell us more…
Hot Artichoke & Olive Dip
This rich and unctuous hot dip is a perfect appetiser for sharing. Or serve it as an indulgent meal for two with a salad or veggies on the side. Scoop it straight out of the baking dish.
Serves 2-4 / Prep 15 minutes / Cook 20-25 minutes
1 jar artichoke quarters with herbs, drained
10-12 rosemary & garlic olives
120ml Rubies in the Rubble garlic plant-based mayo (about half a jar)
75g plant-based parmesan-style cheese or other vegan cheese, finely grated (see note below)
1/2 –1 tsp chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
2 tbsp sun-dried tomato tapenade
1 tsp ZERO olive oil (or other oil)
Plain salted tortilla chips and/or pita bread, warmed and cut into strips or wedges
1) Preheat the oven to 220C / 425F / Gas Mark 7.
2) Cut each artichoke wedge into 3-4 chunks.
3) To pit the olives, squash with the flat side of a knife, then pull out the stone. Cut the olives into halves.
4) In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped artichokes, pitted olives, plant-based mayo, plant-based cheese, and chilli flakes (if using).
5) Spread into a pie dish or casserole (9 1/2 inches / 24cm diameter approx.) in an even layer.
6) In a small bowl, mix together the sun-dried tomato tapenade and olive oil. Spread the mixture in in a rough circle in the middle of the dish.
7) Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
8) Cool for a couple of minutes, then serve out of the baking dish, with tortilla chips and/or warm pita bread for scooping.
Note: If you are using a plant-based cheese other than Parmesan-style, taste it, and if it tastes very bland, you can add about 1 tsp of the Veggie Rub from the Super Veg Cookery Hamper to the dip mixture for an enhanced cheesy flavour.
Explore more recipes and hampers from Celia Brooks
Explore the hampers, as well as more recipes, videos and our Kitchen Heroes Gift Box.
The vegetarian and vegan inspired ingredients can be the basis of so many delicious courses and meals.
It's the perfect gift for a January birthday, a little self-gift or for that special someone who is a whizz in the kitchen.
Go and have a little explore now: