Here at hampers.com, we are passionate about giving back to charitable causes and the local community, because making the world a better place to be and improving lives is something we’ll never tire of.
Our vision is to be a team that cares just as much as you do and work to create and spread happiness. And that’s exactly why our current chosen charity is Against Breast Cancer, an organisation that carries out vital work towards the fight against breast cancer. We couldn’t be prouder to support such a worthy cause.
Against Breast Cancer funds pioneering research into new treatments and tools for earlier diagnosis and offers advice to reduce the risk of recurrence and secondary spread. Working with expert scientists, Against Breast Cancer wants to increase the survival rates of all breast cancer patients and, ultimately, discover a vaccine against breast cancer.
Cancer can have heartbreaking consequences and devastate families. Our mission is to spread joy and togetherness, so supporting Against Breast Cancer and their fight to ensure fewer people are affected by the cruel disease fits into the very core of what we’re all about.
Here are some breast cancer UK statistics
- Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in the UK, with a lifetime risk for women of 1 in 8.
- It is the single most common cause of death in women between the ages of 35 and 54 years old.
- Breast cancer doesn’t just affect women; approximately 390 men are diagnosed every year.
- More than 55,000 women were diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK between 2015 and 2017.
- 23% of UK breast cancer cases are estimated to be preventable through lifestyle changes, such as lowering alcohol intake, maintaining a healthy weight and exercising.
Supporting The Local Community
We are proud to say that we manage to keep our waste to a bare minimum. If we ever end up with excess stock that we are unable to use, we donate it directly to local food banks and homeless shelters to help our community in need, including the Oxford Food Bank and the Didcot Emergency Food Bank.
Last Christmas alone we donated 600kgs of excess food stock to the Oxford Food Bank, which we know will have made Christmas a little brighter for families and individuals in need.
Didcot Casual Girls Football Team
We are proud to sponsor girls football at Didcot Casuals Football Club, located just a couple of miles away from the hampers.com headquarters in Milton Park and running more than 20 youth girls and boys teams. Mark Wright, from our sales team, has been a team coach for almost 5 years, with his own daughter playing for the team.