Valentine's Day 2023 is not long now, which might leave you thinking: 'what should I write in my Valentine's Day card?'
But what to say…!?! It happens every year, right? Such pressure…! You choose the perfect gift – but then, what to put on it? What to write on the gift message or, perhaps, your own gift tag?
As gifting experts, we are here to help you throughout the entire Valentine’s Day gift purchasing process. From the start (with our wide selection of Valentine’s Gifts and Hampers), through to the middle (with our easy-to-order process and gift message writing suggestions – see below), and to the end (with free UK delivery, international delivery options and named delivery options – direct to your loved one’s door), you can trust us.
Did you know that every Valentine’s hamper from hampers.com can include a special and personalised message – printed on a specially-designed gift card, as well as sent via email and text – a digital version they can keep with them wherever they go?
In this blog, we want to help inspire you to write something romantic, meaningful, personal and unique to your Valentine.
Take a look at our Valentine's quote suggestions and message prompts below…
Romantic Valentine’s Day Quotes
For a Valentine’s gift message that is a little different, why not choose the experty crafted words of others that perfectly capture what your wife, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend, partner or very special friend truly means to you?
From famous literature and adored authors, choose:
"I love her and it is the beginning of everything."
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
– Emily Brontë
"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
"I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.”
— Jane Austen
Or from the bard himself:
"My bounty is as deep as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet – Act 2, Scene 2
"Where thou art, there is the world itself, And where thou art not, desolation"
William Shakespeare, Henry VI Part 2 – Act 3, Scene 2
"My heart is ever at your service."
William Shakespeare, Timon of Athens – Act 1, Scene 2
Or perhaps, you would prefer to draw from a great thinker or philosopher of the past:
"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
"Love does not dominate; it cultivates."
– Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”
– Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
Personalised Valentine’s Messages
If a famous love quote, doesn’t feel quite right – why not write something from your own heart this Valentine’s?
Here’s some inspiration to help you come up with the most romantic ideas and loving words for your gift message:
- Write about what you have experienced together in the last year – what those experiences, special occasions or adventures meant to you
- Refer to the stage of your relationship – is it new and exciting with so much promise? Is it long-term and still so special and fun? Are you growing closer and learning about each other still?
- Perhaps you are not together this Valentine’s Day – tell your partner how the long-distance relationship may be hard, but worth it. How much you miss them. How exciting it is counting down the days to be together again.
- Share what they truly mean to you – not just how much you love them but why. What makes your relationship extra special and a little different?
- Thank them and show your appreciation – it’s easy to forget to say ‘thank you’, to take your partner for granted, to go through the motions of everyday life forgetting to say how much you need them and want them by your side – Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to tell them.
Words that mean so much on Valentine's Day
The power of words is phenomenal…writing down your thoughts and feelings to share with another is a gift in itself.
Choose those words wisely this Valentine’s Day and truly celebrate all that is special about the loved one in your life. Remind him or her of all that they mean to you. Create a message that they can keep and cherish.
Happy Valentine’s to you from all at hampers.com.